Monday, February 14, 2011

53rd Grammy Awards

There was lots of fun to be had at this year’s Grammy awards show. There were only a few awards here and there to interrupt the great performances that we really watch the Grammys for. Here are my favorite highlight moments:

Miranda Lambert being introduced by her fiancé, Blake Shelton. How cute was that? I love “The House That Built Me” and I am excited to see Miranda live this summer.

Jaden Smith, raps with Justin Bieber. How proud were Will and Jada? It touched my heart to see the love and pride in their eyes.

How adorable was the wedding footage playing behind Katy Perry during her performance? Call me crazy but I’m pulling for Katy and Russell. They just may be crazy enough to make it work.

Is anyone else just totally OVER Lady Gaga? She gave a solid performance but what the heck was up with those shoulder prosthetic?????

Lady Antebellum gives a solid performance to back up there 5 wins

How WACKY AWESOME was the Cee Lo Green performance?!?! Add Gwyneth Paltrow and some Muppets and you have one fun and memorable performance. I completely LOVED IT!!! If you didn’t catch it, it is worth looking up.

My favorite performance of the night was the fusion of Mumford & Sons, The Avett Brothers, and Bob Dylan. Those boys came to play and they played HARD!! I can’t wait to get my hands on some new albums.

Love him or hate him, Eminem is always a crowd pleaser. You have to admire his energy and drive. He gave a great performance, with lots of great voices backing him up.

I have to admit, I have never heard of Arcade Fire before and I am NOT a fan, YICKES!!! That’s all I have to say about that!

If you watched the Grammys and have some lingering questions like:
What was the bling about that Eminem was wearing?
Who was the chick singing with Dr. Dre and Eminem?
Hasn't "Need You Now" been out forever? Why was it in this years Grammy Awards?
Here is a great article to answer all Your Burning Grammy Questions

Great show Grammy’s, can’t wait for next year

No comments:

Post a Comment