Friday, December 17, 2010

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

It really wouldn’t have taken much for me to enjoy these movies. They are based on a great series of books. I have however, been very impressed by the handling of these movies. They are so visually interesting. It’s so fun to watch your imagination come to life on the big screen. I heard rumors before going to see this movie that it was the best of the 3 and indeed it was. 4.5 of 5 on the Taleen scale.

They have done a stellar job with casting. I adore the kids playing these roles. I have loved every single choice they have made, and the addition of Eustase is perfect! You just want to smack this kid when he first walks onto screen and by the end you love him. The special effects in this movie were amazing! They are seamless and brilliant. The Dawn Treader may be the most beautiful ship I have seen in a film. Its full deep purple sail furled high in the wind, its great dragon head crashing though the waves. You can’t help but wish you were there.

The kids and I really enjoyed this movie and we will definitely be waiting for the DVD. I will back up the rumors and say the Dawn Treader really is the best of the 3 movies so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment