Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christian Kane - The House Rules


Today is Dec 7th and just in case you didn’t know, that means its album drop day for Christian Kane. It wasn’t long ago that I discovered CK even sang so I have been very excited to get my hands on this album. I knew CK from his movies and TV shows (most notably Angel and Leverage) and when an actor tries to venture into the music business I always cringe a little. However after a little research I discovered that CK has been floating around the music business for YEARS. Growing his musical talents on some of LA’s toughest stages (i.e. The Viper Room) and doing it with his own brand of country. Bringing your cowboy boots to the stages of LA is its own mountain to climb after all. This album has been a long time coming for CK and, after some label upheaval, we finally have it in our hands.

CK describes his music as a “rock n roll rodeo” and truer words were never spoken. Whether you are a country fan or not, everyone can enjoy this album. The House Rules get 4 of 5 stars on the Taleen scale. This whole album is enjoyable and I have several favorite tracks but there are two I would like to highlight. “Thinking Of You” which was featured and sung by CK on Leverage (The Studio Job episode) is one of the best songs I have heard in a long time. A beautiful song and very well produced. I was very excited to see it show up on this album. The last track on this album was a fun surprise for me. “Fast Car” originally done by Tracy Chapman is one of my favorite songs of all time, and redone by CK it did not disappoint. When a favorite song lands in the hands of a different artist it’s always a crap shoot. Don’t get me wrong I’m a fan or covers. Sometimes magic can happen. CK handles this song with respect and grace. A beautiful cover, I intend to put it in my favorites list and listen to it over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment