Friday, December 17, 2010

The Best Closing Line EVER

With my new fancy DVR I have had the chance to record some old favorites that I haven’t seen in years. Angel was one of my favorite shows back in the day and, lucky me, it reruns on TNT at 4 and 5am. Thanks heavens for the DVR. I watched the series finale last week and heard probably the best closing line EVER. Let me set the scene for you………….

Angel and his crew have taken on the biggest fight of their lives. They know that they probably won’t live through it but they are going to take as many of the bad guys with them as possible. They are standing in a dark alley; hordes of demons and every other creature imaginable are coming at them. One of the crew turns to Angel and says “what should we do?” Angel smiles and says “I don’t know about you, but I’m going slay the dragon.” The End.

Does it get any better than that? Wouldn’t we be amazing if we approached every day of our lives with such an attitude? I don’t know about you, but I’m going to slay the dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment